This page does not have a description.
Back to Listings
Click here to go back to the recipe listings
Orzo Pasta Salad with Beets and Chard
Source: Fresh Harvest (Entered by Peg Duthie)
From the June 12, 2011, newsletter.
Step by Step Instructions
- Heat the pine nuts or walnuts in a dry skillet, over medium heat, until they begin to brown. Watch them carefully, as they will burn in a flash.
- Remove from the heat and transfer to a bowl. Set aside.
- Peel the beets and slice them into bite-sized pieces.
- Chop up the chard stems and leaves.
- Heat the olive oil in a skillet over medium heat. Add the sliced red onion and garlic. Cook until the onions are tender and golden brown, about 10 minutes.
- Reduce the heat to medium low and add the chard. Cover and cook, tossing occasionally, until the greens are wilted, about 5 minutes.
- Meanwhile, cook the beets in a pot of boiling salted water, until just tender, about 10-12 minutes.
- Remove the beets from the pot using a slotted spoon and set aside.
- Return the water to a boil and add the pasta. Cook, according to the package instructions, until al dente and then drain.
- Add the orzo to a bowl, along with the beets, pine nuts, chard and crumbled feta. Toss, season with salt and pepper to taste, and serve.
Comments added by fellow market members.