This page does not have a description.
Back to Listings
Click here to go back to the recipe listings
Toasted Kale & Coconut Salad with Sesame Oil
Source: <em>Super Natural Every Day</em> by Heidi Swanson (Entered by Peg Duthie)
From Tally and John: “This is a very easy and delicious way to eat a bunch of kale!”
Step by Step Instructions
- Preheat the oven to 350°F with two racks in the top third of the oven.
- In a small bowl, whisk together the olive oil, sesame oil, and soy sauce.
- Put the kale and the coconut in a large bowl and toss well with about two-thirds of the olive oil mixture.
- Spread the kale evenly across two baking sheets.
- Bake for 12 to 18 minutes, until the coconut is deeply golden brown, tossing once or twice along the way. If the kale mixture on the top baking sheet begins to get too browned, move it to the lower rack.
- Remove from the oven and transfer the kale mixture to a medium bowl. Taste. If you need a bit more dressing, add some and toss.
- Place the grain on a serving platter and top with the tossed kale.
Comments added by fellow market members.